When starting a website, one always have the common objective of being able to generate as much traffic as can. It is automatic to have that goal, because website traffic is what drives guests to your site, who will also eventually improve your sales and online presence.
To achieve those things, advertising is vital. You don’t just start a website and expect it to be a success right after it has been launched. Promotion is required to let people know about it, and when you are skimping on your budget, it can be a daunting task.
In online marketing, you are left with two basic choices, which are basically the most widely used platforms. These are search engine optimization (SEO) and pay per click (PPC) advertising.
SEO marketing is a popular choice because it does not cost as much, but when you are jumpstarting your business and would want your online popularity to surge instantaneously, PPC is more appropriate for you.
Basic Facts About PPC
- By definition, pay per click advertising is the process of paying for visits on your website. Instead of earning it naturally through SEO marketing, you just pay an advertiser to make sure you get great rankings on search engine results’ pages.
- PPC comes in many forms. Contrary to the popular belief that it is only applicable and actually done in search engines, there are still other ways to which it is done.
- If there was an award for making the most results in the shortest amount of time, it would probably be for PPC. It yields the fastest results when compared to other marketing platforms. It almost always delivers what is expected, and offers great value when it comes to the bang for your buck.
- Pay per click can seem to be a very costly platform at first, but when you see the results, you could very well conclude that it is indeed worth it. As one write up put it, the increase you’ll get in your sales is way valued more than the price you pay. It is always worth it to invest to your business, as you know that sooner or later you will reap the rewards.
- PPC is often favored by startup businesses who look for fast results. It is great for websites who have just launched and would want to surge up their online presence promptly. For people who value their time and are willing to take the risk, PPC is the only option that is perfect.
- Also a myth to be debunked, it has long been thought that the higher fee you pay for your ad, the higher your rank will be on the search results’ page. The truth is, the weight of your chosen keyword’s relevance also has a bearing on the rank your website will end up with. That being said, PPC is not just about money. It also needs your website to be fully equipped to operate and be visited by guests.
- When in Google, PPC mainly works in Google AdWords. But we should never forget that Google is not the only search engine where PPC can be utilized. There is also Bing AdCenter from Microsoft, as well as Russia and China-based paid ads. From those sites, PPC works its best to deliver best results in terms of results pages.
- Also, PPC does not only apply in search engines. Let us take Google as an example. We know it is a huge network on its own, as it also operates YouTube, Google Maps, etc. That alone is reason to make your mind and use PPC. When you decide to take on PPC in Google, you already have an idea of how many people you can actually reach every day. Research shows that there are a million YouTube videos being watched every day. With that information, you already know that the results you’ll reap after even just a week is well worth the fee you pay.
- There are also some adjustable settings you can tweak on Google to further maximize your PPC strategy. You have the power to set where your ads will be shown, as well as the time frame to when you think it is best to show them. Your target market’s online behavior also controls how your ad is seen, and on what websites they appear. Clearly, it is not just about the money.
While PPC can seem to be a very costly marketing strategy when you first hear of it, the fast results it delivers seem to make the cut. It sure costs more than the other platforms, but their return of investment is way ahead of them as well.
It is not just about how much you pay that will determine which page your ad ends up in. Even after paying an advertiser to take care of your marketing job, it is always best to still make it a point to be hands on on your business and never take it for granted.
You still have to carefully monitor your website and your online activity. PPC is great for any type of business, as well as in any stage of business. Be it a startup business, a starting website, a growing enterprise. It can work for any of those, and will probably just have varying costs according to its specified needs.
If you are concerned about the spending, fret not. It is normal to think twice, as the business in itself is a risk already. To make it easier for you to invest, think of it as a fee for rushing your results. The results will always be presented in such a way that you will all the more invest because you see something good happening.
PPC has gained popularity from way way back, and is still a much preferred option today. Since we know of the digital marketing world to be constantly changing, PPC’s clean reputation clearly says something. It works. While it might not be for some businesses you know or have heard of, it is still not yet the time to deny it a chance.
Your business could need it. You could improve you sales through it. Learn about PPC basics and compare it with your company’s needs. You might just have the breakthrough you’re looking for.